Town of Pagosa Springs Web Site
551 Hot Springs Blvd
PO Box 1859 Pagosa Springs Colorado 81147
(970) 264-4151 | Fax: (970) 264-4634
The legislative and governing body of the Town of Pagosa Springs, which is a “home-rule” municipality. The Town Council provides policy direction to Town staff, enacts laws, adopts a budget and has the power of appointment over the Town Manager, Town Attorney, and Municipal Court Judge. The Town Board Budget is used to account for all of the direct expenses of the Town Council and to fund special projects originating from the Town Council. The Council meets the 1st Tuesday each month in Town Hall, at 5:00 p.m.
David Mitchem, 970-264-4151 x236
The general administrative officer of the town government.
Departments include Administration, Parks and Recreation, Planning and Building, Police, Sanitation, Streets, and Municipal Court.
Advisory Boards include the Historic Preservation Board, the Planning Commission, and the Parks and Recreation Commission.
The Pagosa Springs town parks are available to use for special events including weddings, family reunions, and employee picnics. The town requests that you make a reservation with them if you are planning to use a park for your event. Call 264-4151 ext. 231 to make your reservation.
The Community Center houses the Archuleta Senior Center, notoriously known as “The Silver Foxes Den”. The Senior Center includes an office, lounge, dining room/conference room, and a physical therapy room. The Community Center is also home to Pagosa Springs’ Teen Center. The Teen Center has both an activity room, complete with a pool table and ping-pong, and a quiet room. The Community Center has other amenties to serve the community such as:
- A large multi-purpose room for private banquets, and indoor ballgames like basketball, volleyball and soccer.
- A kitchen that can be used by caterers for special events held in this room is adjacent, as well as men’s and women’s locker rooms complete with showers.
- A computer center for people to access and learn the new technology not readily available to them.
- 2 conference rooms, including one wired for full-range media options.
- An art center complete with a dry media space, a wet media space, and a darkroom.
If you would like more information about the Community Center, please call 264-4152 ext. 22.