Snowman Stomp Snowshoe Romp
This Saturday, February 9th is the Second Annual Snowman Stomp Snowshoe Romp. For fast snowshoers, slow snowshoers, kids and families – this is one of the many activities over the Winterfest weekend in Pagosa Springs.
Now, dust off your snowshoes, grab a hat and meet your new friends at the Pagosa Springs Golf Club for cheers of encouragement. The kids race begins at 11:00 am and is followed by the adult race (families welcome) at 11:15 am.
For the fearless, we are partnering with the Pagosa Springs Nordic Club for a combined event. Nordic racers can participate in the 5K race at 10:00 am and then the snowshoe race at 11:15 am.
Register before or day of (day of registration begins at 10:00 am). Cost is $5 per person. Pre-register here or at the Chamber of Commerce by February 5 to be guaranteed a goodie bag. Prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd race finishers.
If you don’t have snowshoes don’t worry. Summit Ski & Sports (970.264.2457) are offering a day of $10 shoe rental.
Got questions or want to volunteer? Contact Stacy at 970.946.5001. We can’t wait to see you there!
• Don’t get tangled in the idea that you have to be fast to have fun … it really is about being outside and we will cheer first to last! We can’t wait to see you there!
• Snowshoe race is at the Pagosa Springs Golf Club.
• Day of registration begins at 10:00 am.
• A release and liability form will be signed on race day – children under the age of 18 need a parental signature.
• Cost is $5 per person; pre-register by February 5 to be guaranteed a goodie bag.
• Prizes awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd race finishers.
• Summit Ski & Sports (970.264.2457) is offering $10 snowshoe rentals.
• Got questions or want to volunteer? Contact Stacy at 970.946.5001 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• And, one last thing. Donations are being accepted for the Archuleta County Relay for Life. We’ve added a $25 key on-line which includes registration for one and a $20 donation. Support our team as we support finding a cure for cancer. Thank you.